Sunday, September 6, 2009

Harvesting sunflower seeds

Back in the spring we planted the sunflower seeds that Rachelle gave us. It seemed like forever, but a couple of weeks ago these giant sunflowers finally bloomed. We had 3 that grew about 8 feet, the rest were maybe 5 feet tall. On Friday night, the kids had some friends over and we were all hanging out in the backyard. Matt and I were looking for seeds in the flowers that were dying...



...and then you all know Nina:










I guess we could be faulted for not specifying that we only get the seeds from the dead flowers. We no longer have big, tall and pretty sunflowers in the backyard, but the kids loved the seeds.

3 comments:

The Bentley's said...

so funny! confession: I didn't even know that you could get seeds out of sunflowers...for reals! that is so fun! go nina:)

Ann said...

I just found your blog. I love to read others blogs.
We also have huge sunflowers in our back yard. They are so much fun. I can not wait to harvest ours.

Ashlee said...

I love those huge sunflowers...they are so cool. The wind blew over most of ours this year...Kendall cried. Brian is allergic to sunflower seeds and so we won't be harvesting them.