Thursday, March 25, 2010

How I get my man to notice me...

Some women might put on a pretty dress, or fix their hair up nicely, spritz themselves with perfume, maybe even make a manly meal, but all I had to do was slap on one of these to get my husband's attention:



My mom came out and watched our kids while Matt and I enjoyed a little getaway. I plan on doing a post of some of the things we did later. But part of it included a day of fishing on the Arkansas River - Matt's dream date. Below are some pictures of a kind of funny thing that happened. Matt was wandering up and down the river while I stayed close to the car. That way when he wasn't looking I could sneak in and read my book. It was cold and windy, I didn't have a choice. At one point I thought I would just play around and see how far I could cast my line. Well I accidentally caught a fish doing it. What's wrong with that? Remember that Matt was quite a way down the river from me. Also remember that I don't touch fish. I wasn't totally out of luck, there were 2 other fishermen fairly close to me. I managed to flag down a very nice man who kindly removed the hook and released the fish back into the river for me. He offered to take a picture of me holding the fish, apparently something fishermen like to do, but I politely declined. Gross. So I help up the net while he took a disturbing picture of me. Then he held it so I could take one of my lucky catch.




After that I quit fishing until Matt was closer. I didn't want to catch another one by accident. I'm pretty sure that man thinks I'm a freakshow. Matt was sad he missed the whole thing.

5 comments:

Matt said...

Oh, how I wish I could have been there to see that, but hearing the story was funny enough. Thanks for going on my "dream date" with me. You're the best! Oh, and thanks for being there to take a pic of my biggest fish of the day.

Ashlee said...

Go Janelle, Go!!

Brooke Soderholm (crazysodfam) said...

Janelle, you're a good wife!

karen★ said...

That is the greatest story! I'm so glad you took the picture of him holding your catch. You should display it proudly on your mantle. MATT IS SO LUCKY TO HAVE YOU! (what book did you bring?)

Anonymous said...

Was that your bate??