Tuesday, August 20, 2013

I know I'm going to like this

A couple of months before Donovan turned 12, Matt got a new calling at church to be the Scout Master. This was great news to me because it meant that he would be Donovan's Scout leader for 2 years. I know that boys all over the world survive campouts without a parent there, but I just love that Matt will be there with Donovan for every one of them. And you know that whole notion that when a boy gets his Eagle, it's because his mom pretty much held his hand along the way? Well that's not going to be the case with Donovan. I know Matt will see that Donovan finishes all his requirements. Especially since Donovan will be Matt's only scout come February. And Matt was told that this calling is usually a 5 year deal, so that means Howie will get to be with Matt as well. And all of this means that I don't have to earn an Eagle, at least for the 2 older boys. I am really going to support this whole scouting thing.
And here we are, barely a month into scouts and Donovan has advanced to the rank of Scout. Whatever that means. Matt knows so I don't need to worry about it. Did I mention I'm going to like this? Now if only Matt could learn how to stick on all those merit badges.........

No comments: