Monday, September 2, 2013

Some Labor Day Balloons

When I was young, I always looked forward to going to the Reno Balloon Races. Our family went every single year and it was usually followed by a trip to Denny's for breakfast. Those are very fond memories! I found out just last year that there is a balloon festival in Colorado Springs every Labor Day weekend. Looks like the tradition will live on! So very early this morning, I woke up all the kids, made a quick stop by Krispy Kreme, and headed down south to meet Kelly and Jill and their families. I was almost able to convince Matt to come along too, but sleeping in won this year. I will win next year! I love to see cousins having fun together, which they all did as soon as we found each other. It was such a beautiful morning, and not very cold. I only lost a child once, but it wasn't for very long. It probably doesn't even count as losing him. I am already excited for next year!

No comments: