Saturday, May 2, 2015

The Provo Half Marathon

We thought it was perfect timing that this 1/2 Marathon was the same weekend as Women's Conference.  Kelly, Michael and I signed up to run.  In a way, it was kind of a pain that we signed up for this race.  Kelly and I freaked out about what we ate, and when it would pass - if you know what I mean...  We got there nice and early and froze up there in the canyon waiting for the race to start.  Michael and his long arms took a pre-race picture 

We all ran at our own pace.  I surprised myself for most of the race running a little faster than I expected.  I hoped to finish under 2 hours, something I haven't been able to do yet.  But mile 11 was a killer for me and I ended up 55 seconds short of my goal.  I will get that sub 2 hour time yet!!  My dad wants ready for me when I finished so I went back and refinished the race for a picture.



And here we all are with our medals and smiling faces.  



No comments: