Friday, June 10, 2016

Leg One

We were running around all day and still left things undone when our shuttle arrived at 3:00. Sometimes I say things to the kids only halfway paying attention. And then the other half is speaking from a place that is not in reality. For example, Nina asked me yesterday if I could take her to Dairy Queen. I told her maybe we could go the next day if everyone helped me get ready.  Maybe must mean certainly, and if must mean regardless. So with only 2 1/2 hours before our ride was supposed to come, I loaded up all the kids to run some essential, and some non-essential errands. Returning library books, getting money from the bank, turning in my ballot, and Dairy Queen. By the time we got back home, we only had a half hour until go time.  We left Randell a lovely mess in the kitchen and dining room, but we got everything we needed ready for our pick up. This was awesome. Super easy, and I had time to run through all my lists and make sure I didn't forget anything. 

I finally get to use all the passports we got way back in January. I still can't believe today is here. We have been talking about and planning this trip for over a year. 


I played it safe with our pick up time. Maybe a little too safe. We got to the airport so early, but the kids came prepared. The boys had plenty of time to have a Pokemon battle. 

And we had time to find Panda Express. 


The first leg of the flight went fine. Nina took care of Rex, Howie took care of Donovan and I took care of Cameron. Once we landed, we let Nina navigate us to our gate. 


And now we get to hang out for 4 hours until our flight leaves. At 12:40 am.