Friday, April 17, 2009

My awesome easter pictures

I just wasn't with it this Easter. I'll start with the lovely shot of the kids' Easter outfits:



I put Cameron to bed before I realized that I didn't get any pictures of the boys with matching yellow shirts, or Nina in her cute new dress - all compliments of Grandma and Grandpa Marshall. We put off decorating eggs for one reason or another all the way until 5pm Easter Sunday. So that meant that at 6:30 the Easter Bunny came and hid all the eggs. That meant that the kids were in their pajamas (yes, Nina often wears that red dress to bed) and boots (because it was totally raining) hunting eggs. A perfect part of a nice, calm bedtime routine. That meant that nobody was hard to put to bed that night. Riiight.

Onto the pictures of our family Easter hunt. Since Matt was gone, I tried to hold Cameron, take pictures and help our kids find their baskets. It was way to windy for my taste.






And finally, I just wanted to show off my photography skills. I'll start with this blurry and off-centered picture of Matt carrying Nina around the backyard looking for eggs. Apparently it was too hard for her to put shoes on.




At least this one is not blurry.



About a second too slow. He was standing at the top of the slide surveying the playground for eggs.



You can't even tell who those little runners are.



Nice and dark. Perfect.

I just want to tell all of you who have photography skills (i.e. Lindsey, Kim, Brooke, and even you Jill, just to name a few) I admire you! You can do something that is very difficult!

3 comments:

Ashlee said...

Cute, Janelle. I love all your commentary! You're so funny.

karen★ said...

I love that first picture and I think that you have ooooodddllleeess of talent in the photog dept.! (windy easter was not fun for us either!) p.s. YOU ARE LUCKY NUMBER 11!!! thanks for doing that & i don't care if you cheated...i thought it was funny!

Brooke Soderholm (crazysodfam) said...

Janelle, I love you! You crack me up! Life with little kids is busy and sometimes crazy and you explain it perfectly. The great thing is, even if you felt like Easter was a little off, it looks like the kids still loved it! Kids don't really care about or notice half of the frills that we put into stuff. I've noticed that about joy school this year. I have let go of some of the extras that I used to do for V's age group and guess what? The kids don't care or notice a bit. They have a great time and I feel like I am more relaxed and enjoy the kids more.

Also, thanks for the compliment. ;) Have a good weekend!