Thursday, May 7, 2009

An anniversary yet to be celebrated

Last Wednesday was our 9th anniversary and a week later - we still haven't done anything special. I only have myself to blame. I'm sure Matt had elaborate, romantic plans all in the works, but I had something else in mind. Being the supportive, loving and dutiful husband that he is, he kindly went along with my plans. So he drove me to the airport, kissed me goodbye and sent me off to Women's Conference at BYU with my mom and sister. He drove 5 kids home, took two days off from school and held down the fort for 4 days. 5 kids you ask? We were watching our friends' little boy for the week while they went to Hawaii. I returned home rejuvenated, happy and full of BYU mint brownies. Matt not only survived, but the kids were happy, clean and fed. Way to go Matt! So I haven't come up with a plan for our anniversary - any suggestions?

I thought I'd share some pictures my sister scanned for me. These were taken before we had a digital camera - ahh the good old days!










5 comments:

Kristin Jones said...

Happy Anniversary!!

Honey said...

You guys are so cute!

As for suggestions..um, send him fishing..or go fishing with him.. maybe? Not sure...

Happy Anniversary!

Brooke Soderholm (crazysodfam) said...

Holy cow! You guys look so young in your wedding reception picture! Don't get me wrong, you still look young and fabulous. You guys just look extra young there.

Maybe you could celebrate together by decorating a little coin jar and then use it to save for a trip for both of you for your 10th?

Ok, pretty random. I'm sure you'll come up with something fun!

Congrats on 9 years!

Ashlee said...

Ahh, the good old days. How cute. Happy 9th anniversary...ours is coming up soon too. How did 9 years go by?

karen★ said...

Happy Anniversary! I think you should fly to California for the night, have dinner at Venice Beach, have breakfast at Venice Beach, & then come home. We will watch your kids!