Sunday, June 14, 2009

Donovan's trip to VA

First of all, a disclaimer on the format of this post. I have no clue why it isn't working the way I want.

I have fallen so far behind in blogging! I blame part of it on all of those end-of-the-year school activities. That and I've been gone for 2 weeks. We were playing in Virginia and having a great time. I didn't want to do a slide show this time, so I'm making a post for each of the kids. Here is the trip Donovan had. He really looks forward to this trip every summer. He has been every year since the summer before he turned 1. He has so many great memories. This year seemed different, and in a very good way. I think the fact the kids are all a little older made the play time with the cousins so much more fun. They had such a great time playing together.

Here was the favorite customer at the kids' Lemonade Stand. Thanks for the nice tip Grandpa!





Donovan playing one of the video games at Chuck E. Cheese's.


The kids had fun pretending and playing tag at the park.


Donovan had to take baby steps to get into the river. The first step was sitting in the tube. He finally worked his way up to some swimming with Matt.


Donovan and Victoria worked hard on advertisements for their lemonade stand.


A nice pose with Grandma and Grandpa.



Donovan is learning how to fish on his own. He went out with the big boys a couple of times and caught a few fish.


Donovan was big enough to go on more of the thrilling rides, but he was so happy to accompany Cameron on the tamer ones.


Danny took all the kids on rides, probably a good 4 hours worth. I don't think he got to go as fast as he would have liked, but Donovan and Victoria loved their ride.


Grandma planned a surprise party for Grandpa's 60th birthday. The anticipation of the surprise party was almost too much for Donovan to handle. I love how excited he looks, it captures his joy perfectly.


Donovan was really sad to leave. He cried when we was saying goodbye to some of his cousins. But once we arrived in Denver, he was happy to be home again.

5 comments:

Brooke Soderholm (crazysodfam) said...

Janelle, you are such a great blogger! I blogged a lot of the same things, but your posts are about 1000 times more interesting to read. Your pictures are great too! We sure are glad that you guys came again this summer. My kids couldn't wait for their cousins to come and we miss you all when you leave. Glad you made it back safely though.

Pam said...

We loved it all!

bgill said...

Wish I could've been there in VA with you guys. It's been too long since I've been back.

Carrie said...

Looks like a fun trip! cute idea breaking up the blogs by kid!

Milligan's Isle said...

I want to be like you when I grow up! You have skills!! Will I ever be such a blogger as you? Doubtful. WE sure do like those Marshalls!