Saturday, October 10, 2009

Nina took a nap today...

so that means she will have a very hard time falling asleep tonight. We have learned this unfortunate trait of Nina's the long, hard way. Tonight's events are a good example of how this works. At about 2:00 pm, Nina starts to get cranky and tired. Most of the time I am able to keep her from getting her blanket and hopping on the couch for a rest. There are days, like today, where I am working on something and I don't pay attention to where she is until it's too late. Usually I wake her up to prevent the marathon night a nap causes. I couldn't do that today and so she slept for maybe 45 minutes. Here are three of the many "incidents" that have, and will continue to occur until probably 11:00 tonight. Yeah!

1. I found her under the table eating raw cookie dough.
2. I found my purse emptied on her bed and Nina under the bed with my camera. She took the following pictures:




3. Matt found her in our bathroom with a pack of curlers in tote.

I can make a prediction about what she'll do next:
-find a tube of chapstick and scoop out the contents
-poop in her pull-up
-tell us she forgot to brush her teeth
-ask for milk
-take toothpaste and desitin under her covers, oh wait, that was last week

There are probably better ways Matt and I can help her to fall asleep, but we are choosing to watch football instead. It should be a fun night!

3 comments:

Kristin Jones said...

Hope it went okay!!

Brooke Soderholm (crazysodfam) said...

Toothpaste and desitin feel great in the covers. I like to do that too. Oh dear! That Nina. She is too funny and so are your blog entries about her.

Rachel said...

just taking a glance at your blog. i really like your set up!