Saturday, December 26, 2009

Not bad huh?

I didn't take very many pictures Christmas Day. Maybe another year? But here are the things the kids got this year:






For my own sake, a recap of Christmas. On Christmas Eve we went to Jen and Ben's like we do every year. We had a huge, delicious and filling dinner followed by a bunch of baked goodies for dessert. (Jen and Jill made a RR roast that I want to try) The kids played the chimes and for the first year you could actually tell what the song was. Next they broke the pinata and scrambled to gather candy. Then Santa came and handed out a present to every child. Santa got me a snuggie. I would have posted the picture, but I look too funny. Then we headed home, put the kids to bed and got to work. Most people keep a clean house all the time, but I don't like to be like everyone else. We spent a good hour or more cleaning the kitchen and living room before we got anything else ready.
Christmas morning started at 7:00. We were happy it wasn't any earlier. The kids lined up on the stairs, posed for a picture, then headed down to check out what Santa brought. We opened presents, played with toys, then had breakfast. I made some sticky buns and none of the kids liked them. Shocking. We spent the rest of the day playing with our toys. Pretty low key. Matt made a turkey for dinner and I made rolls, mashed potatoes and green beans. We played some more games then put the kids to bed. Then I tried out my new snuggie while we watched some episodes of Psych. It was a nice, relaxing Christmas day. Writing this it sounds boring, but I promise, it was fun. For reals.




6 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Pam said...

Glad that everyone had such a happy day!

Kristin Jones said...

Cute pictures!

karen★ said...

The Wolverine shirt is awe.some. I completely love it. And, I am so happy for you that the morning didn't start until 7 a.m. So much better than 5 or 6. Merry Week After Christmas to you!!

karen★ said...

p.s. your house looks awesome. like a magazine.

karen★ said...

p.s. your house looks awesome. like a magazine.