Wednesday, March 13, 2013

I think we still need the stroller

Today Rex was feeling older and more mature (or just plain stubborn) so he kindly asked (demanded) if he could forgo the stroller and just walk along next to me as we went to pick up the kids from school. I left good and early so that we had plenty of time for exploring and stopping to look at everything every made. We made it to the school and Rex and Cameron ran to the playground to play until I found the other kids. Boy did Rex like that playground! It was nearly impossible to get him to leave, and we couldn't stay because I had to leave to take Nina to ballet soon. I coaxed and bribed and threatened, but in the end I had to pick him up and remove him from the school. After we got across the street he promised he would walk next to me, but it all became too much for the little guy and he needed some time to gather his thoughts.
At least that is what it looks like on the surface. He is actually really wanting to pick up that chewed piece of gum on the ground in front of him and pop it in his mouth and is hoping that I will just walk away so he can do it. Gross. I picked him up and carried him home. We won't be walking without a stroller for a long time.

No comments: