Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Visiting Greatest Great Grandparents

The memories I have of my grandparents are all so happy.  I loved going to their house for dinner every Sunday.  I remember some of the sleepovers I got to have there.  Grandma would make great breakfasts and take us with her to church.  I got to sit at the kids table in the dining room at Thanksgiving.  We used to play baseball in the front yard and Chris was automatically out if he hit the ball into the garden.  Sometimes the adults would join us and to play Octopus.  When I got a little older, I got to join in the games the adults played at family gatherings.  I always looked forward to having cousins come from out of town.  I loved going there for Christmas, and meeting Grandma and Grandpa at parks for Easter.  I couldn't begin to elaborate on all the wonderful memories I have of my amazing grandparents.  But today was so perfect.  I loved watching Grandma and Grandpa interact with my kids.  Grandma taught all the kids how to play Yahtzee, and sat down and played with them.  Grandpa made everyone popcorn with such care.  It was a perfect day and I was so grateful to have some special time with my grandparents.  


No comments: