Friday, June 13, 2008

An early Father's Day present

Since we are leaving for Reno this Saturday, we gave Matt his Father's Day present a little early so he could enjoy it. It was a surprise to learn that he wanted something that would give variety to his fishing experiences. But silly me, I should have known that anglers love belly boats, so that's what we got our beloved dad. It was also a surprise to us that Matt would want to try out his new belly boat right away, even if there was no water around. So we come home and Matt blows up the new floating device, but doesn't stop there - he wants to get a good feel for the whole set up. I came downstairs and this is what I found:


This is how we've decided to round up our kids for bedtime



Matt tried out his boat with a fellow fisherfriend last weekend at the Quincy Reservoir. He paddled around with his flippers for a good 5 hours with several bites along the way. However, as luck would have it, his first outing yielded him no fish. And as luck would also have it, once he tried fishing from the shore he caught a fish.

2 comments:

Ashlee said...

That is classic Marshall. I wish I were there to dress up with you and act out the part. Remember when we used to flex our muscles in the mirror wearing just our underwear? Don't worry, everybody, this was over a decade ago when we were in our 20s and in college. See now, that's not weird at all. Oh, and how about that one time...
NOTE: This is Brian.

Adam/Regina said...

Ahhh, you family is sooo cute! I wish we lived closer so that our boys could play together! If you're ever in Oregon....

I still think it's funny that we have a Landon and you have a Donovan. I can never watch soccer withour thinking of you guys!

Hey, did you get an invite to our blog yet?

Regina