Sunday, February 27, 2011

A bygone birthday

Ten days ago Nina joined the 5 year-old club. We even celebrated it. She had a low key party where she and a few friends decorated cupcakes and made valentines. The thing I liked the best was the fact that she invited 2 nine year-old girls who pretty much rocked. They supervised the younger girls during the crafts while I cleaned up messes, got new crafts ready and what not. We had a crazy cousin party for all the January and February birthdays (6). We put together a scavenger hunt to find her stash of presents. We got her the obligatory Krispy Kremes and we took her to get her ears pierced. I think we did a fair job celebrating. We even let her wear this out in public.












I am reassuring myself that I'm not completely forgetful, just sort of. We did a lot of fun things for Nina's birthday, I just forgot to put up a post about it. And I forgot to make her a birthday cake. And I forgot to take a picture of her newly pierced ears. And I forgot to make her the birthday dinner she requested. That might be all.

2 comments:

Jen said...

What a pretty girl! I'm sure Nina was thrilled with her birthday festivities, and that's the very best measure of the celebration. ;)

Pam said...

Looks like she had a very fun birthday!