Tuesday, April 5, 2011

3 months and still a dream

I am going to admit something, and don't judge me. The whole time I was pregnant with Rex, I cringed when I looked at little babies. They are SO HARD. They don't sleep, so you don't sleep. They cry a lot. And this thing would be attached to me one way or another for a long time. Like over a year. Who in their right mind would want something like that??? I wasn't sure I really did. But I did feel like it was right that one more child belonged in our family and I kept praying that we would be able to handle this last one.



And this last one is a complete angel.



I have heard people say that a new baby brings a measure of peace along with it. I'm not sure I noticed that on the last maybe 4 go-arounds. I can't say for sure though because a lot of my life is a blur. Like the months after every baby we've had. And like a year after Cameron.



But even in our noisy house, I do feel more peace than I did before he was born. I also feel a little more disorganized, but I've made peace with the messes that I will be seeing for the next lots of years. We're going to be great friends, me and those messes.




And I don't mind because I have this little guy to hang out with.



This total dream of a baby.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Aw Presh :) I hope one day when I'm done with my April Fools shenanigans, I too can have angel babies :)

Kim said...

He is so cute! I'm glad he is an easy baby for you :)

Kristin Jones said...

So cute, Janelle. Glad he's been so great!

Pam said...

What a little doll! Lucky you!