Friday, April 15, 2011

She came, she worked, she left.

This last week was quite a whirlwind. I don't remember much, but I have been left with some pleasant changes. My mom came for a "baby visit" and helped me get my life back in order. And by help I mean she did a whole bunch of work while I complained about anything I could think of. I have pictures of some of what she did, but sadly none of her.

She took a disaster of a storage room and turned it into this:



She put together a collection of family pictures in our dining room:



She made Rex an official member of our family by adding him to our fireplace mantle:



And she stained this desk that Matt has had unfinished since he was in high school:



And in her free time she managed to mop our floors, clean our kitchen, babysit our kids, make a perfect chicken pot pie, clean our kitchen again, fold our clothes, pick up our living room, wash off marker from cars and desks and any other surfaces Nina victimized, clean the kitchen again, make lots of food, clean up our basement and clean the kitchen one more time. I love my mom and how generous she is. She does so much to ease our burdens and I hope I can one day be like her.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Wowzers your mom's amazing! Oh and food storage.... About that.... Not really sure what that is...

Pam said...

Wow!! If I was a good mom I would have stained that desk about 20+ years ago! Looks great!

Lorel said...

Your mom is the best!!!