Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Disneyland "family" pictures

I'm not really sure how to go about posting pictures from our trip to Disneyland. I've thought it over, walked back and forth to the kitchen for more caramels (3 times)and made a decision. So, it doesn't really make sense, but it will keep me from going out of body while I put the posts together. And I'm out of caramels. Here are some of the family pictures we took at Disneyland. For the purposes of this post, a "family" picture will include any picture with 4 or more of us. Just want to be clear.
Here you can see some of the must have souveniers our kids accumulated. We still have the hats, but I threw away the glow-in-the-dark-lightsabers-that-we-used-to-bribe-kids-to-go-on-ThunderMountain-at-night-because-I-wanted-to-go-again-but-some-kids-thought-it-would-be-too-scary-and-frankly-they-were-getting-on-my-nerves.
This is a picture of the happiest Nina you'll ever see. And her family. I'm pretty sure she thinks that the Disney princesses are all, in fact, Bona fide princesses. Disney really knows how to market these ladies and this dinner was perfect. You pay quite a price for this kind of perfection, but it was truly worth it.
Who needs Broadway when you can see the Aladdin musical at Disneyland? We all loved it.
This was our first picture in the park. There was some movie being filmed that morning so the flower Mickey at the front of the park was roped off.
Here is our brood in front of a house outside of Alice in Wonderland. After we went on that ride, it made me want to watch that movie again. I'm guessing that I'll still think it's a weird movie though.
We thought it would be best to lock the kids up in Toontown with these ginormous suckers. Rex was locked up in his stroller. Without a sucker and without a smile.
The classic picture at the Sword in the Stone. I love Donovan's puffed cheeks.
I was a little disappointed about this part of our trip. When I was younger, our family loved to go on Splash Mountain and pose for the camera on the ride. Well, some of us posed, others groped (allegedly by accident). So Rex is a shorty which meant that Matt and I couldn't ride at the same time which for sure meant no groping. We divided up the kids and my group did not pose. They screamed for dear life and refused to go again. I have high hopes for next time.
We eventually got to take this obligatory photo. Yes I called it a photo, it flows better. You can see that Nina was not in her happy place which I'm sure shocks everyone.
It rained all day on Thursday which made for smelly, wet socks, pruney toes and short lines.
I think I was in line for the new Cars ride when Matt took this picture. The only things I can say are that I love my boys and I think they are somewhere in the Bug's Life place.

1 comment:

Brooke Soderholm (crazysodfam) said...

Janelle! I hadn't seen all of these yet! So fun to have so many great photos from your trip! We love and miss you guys!