Sunday, September 28, 2008

Oh......we need more cornmeal.

Big deal you're thinking, who wants to hear about my grocery list? Well it's not that big of a deal, it's just that in the case of the cornmeal, it was a little different. It's just that there is usually not a process involved in determining when I need to add something to my grocery list. Usually it is: see something is almost gone - add it to the list. This was my process:
I was out running a couple of errands and Matt was putting the kids to bed. I come home and tuck Nina in bed and notice that her hair was wet. "Did dad give you a bath?" I ask. "No, I taked a shower." How nice of Matt to help make tomorrow run a little more smoothly, I think. (we are morning bathers over here) I move into the kitchen and see the container of cornmeal sitting on the stove. Wow Matt, I think to myself, bathing Nina and cooking, someone is ambitious. I get closer and see that it is empty. Hmm, that's a little strange, I thought it was pretty full, he must have made a lot of something.



Then I see it:



Here is where it hits me, I think we need more cornmeal.


It seems like old habits are hard to break.



How can I not love this girl?

7 comments:

Brooke Soderholm (crazysodfam) said...

Oh, Janelle, I love her too! I have a special place in my heart for tricky two year olds (or three year olds- you know what I mean right?) She is a mischevious little girl, eh? She honestly was so perfect for Danny and I though this summer when you guys were in New York. It's good to know that she is most comfortable at home, right? Good luck getting the cornmeal up. Thanks for your comments on our blog.

Jill said...

What's wrong with sweeping up the cornmeal and putting it back into the container?

I think Nina is a saint. I don't know what you're talking about when you say anything different.

Megan said...

Perhaps all this playing with food just is a sign that she will have her own Food Network TV show and will make your whole family very rich selling cookbooks...

Either that or she really wants to learn to sweep and mop before she is 3. :)

I do love that mischevious (how's that spelled?) little girl! Maybe it was her idea to remodel the playhouse...

Ashlee said...

That's so classic. Brian was talking on the phone to Marshall and Brian started asking me what your "girl's" name was. I told him Nina and then he was quizing me on your other kids. Then I told him to mention something about Nina spilling cornmeal all over. Brian tried to fool Matt, but it didn't work. I told Brian he needs to check your blog more often!

Megan Jenson said...

That is so funny. The same thing happened to us last weekend...only it was the guy fixing our fridge that spread cornmeal all over our kitchen. He let me clean it up and then asked me to pay him. As if...

Brooke Soderholm (crazysodfam) said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JANELLE! Hope it is a great year!

The Bentley's said...

ahhhh she is too cute to be mad at??? and i agree with jill, sweep it up and put it back in the container:)))