Sunday, October 26, 2008

Out with a bang

The boys finished up their soccer seasons yesterday and it was a big day for Howie. He started out a little timid, not too sure how to go about getting the ball from other players. He would run alongside the cluster of kids, kind of watching the action. As the season progressed, so did his level of aggression. He started elbowing his way into the bunch of boys, coming out with the ball. The last few weeks he scored a goal or two in each game, but yesterday, he scored 7 goals! I think he enjoyed his first soccer season.




I think this picture is hilarious. Every time Howie prepares to kick the ball, he gets in this stance. Not too sure where he learned it, but the kids on his team all decided it works.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great job Howie! Go Howie Go!!!

Jill said...

I knew all of my secret practice sessions would finally pay off. And I'm surprised that you don't like his stance before kicking. It's how all the pros do it.

Jill said...

P.S. I took off the word verification because it was bugging me.

Megan said...

Another budding sports star in the family! So glad he had a great season...at least you didn't have to pay him for every time he kicked the ball (like we did with Lexi last year)...those 7 goals would have been expensive!

Seth Jenson said...

7 goals!!! Man alive. I wasn't much of a soccer at that age, or ever. I think my top score was 1 goal, for the entire season. My poor parents must've been so discouraged.