Tuesday, November 25, 2008

A change in Nina's schedule

I know this might come as a surprise to many of you, but I just wanted to inform you that Nina's schedule has suddenly become very, very open. She would really be able to accommodate a number of requests of her time. She is available every morning, noon and night. She will be permitted to do sleepovers - one night, one weekend, or the whole month of December - any of those would work. I can assure you that it has nothing to do with any of the following:
-making our babysitter cry last weekend
-dumping out a whole jar of coriander in the basement
-filling an entire couch cushion with an array of designs. Her medium was a black pen.
-unwinding the thread from all of my bobbins and wrapping the thread around Star Wars figures
-dumping out all of her hair clips, ribbons and rubberbands
-about 15 accidents in the past 3 days. (she takes a diaper off when we put one on her) When asked why she didn't go in the toilet: "Because I love you mom."
-a steady stream of "I hate you mom" or "my mom is stupid" comments
-unwinding 4 spools of new thread
-dumping cups of water out of her bath
-swirls of purple crayon on most walls in the basement and in the stairway

We only want to offer her many opportunities to socialize and share her love and talents with others. We know the demand for her presence will be high, so we will have to be fair and say first come, first served.

8 comments:

Jill said...

Too bad I already took some of Nina's time and had her over already!

Really, though. That list is quite impressive.

Megan said...

I'll take her anytime!

Ashlee said...

You're so funny Janelle! It's hard to believe that sweet little girl could cause such mischief. I would expect that from your boys. :)

Kristin Jones said...

What a stinker...but really cute!!

Honey said...

Oh Janelle! Bless your heart!

Brooke Soderholm (crazysodfam) said...

Oh dear! If only we lived closer! We could have Nina and Christian playdates! Wouldn't that be fun? ;) They would be the ultimate tag team by the sounds of it. Some kids are just so tricky! I would be happy to take her though. You probably will never believe me, but seriously she was perfect for Danny and I this summer!

So, Matt, Janelle needs a break.

Janelle, feel free to call and share a fun Nina story anytime! I'll still love her, but I can be sympathetic towards you too.

karen★ said...

I am so sorry that she is giving you a tough time...it just means that you were the best parent for the job (do you believe that crap?!!!) just kidding! I THINK NINA IS ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL AND IT IS A DANG GOOD THING I HAVE NEVER SEEN HER DO ANYTHING NAUGHTY! and I (like Megan) will take her anytime! I really hope you get a break soon though...it sounds like you could use one...or 16!

Anonymous said...

Send her our way! That would be fun! Wish we lived closer, I would be happy to have her visit with me from time to time.