Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy Birthday Matt!!

I gave Matt perhaps the best birthday present anyone could ask for. I don't mean to toot my own horn here, but I think I did a great job. I provided him with the opportunity to watch the kids all week long while I took a trip to Reno. How many other people would have given such a thoughtful gift? So on the blessed day when Matt turned 34, he started out by not sleeping in and making his own breakfast, then proceeded to take care of any and all kid issues, feed them lunch (provided by Jen and Ben - thanks a bunch guys!) take the kids to the park and make his own meatballs for dinner. He got a little break with a man-date with our friend Aaron. Rachelle watched all the kids and those two went to see the new James Bond movie. What a day! So happy birthday Matt, you are the best! I really owe you :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My real birthday present from Janelle is awesome... 34 fishing days in 2009! And the kids have been mostly good, so it wasn't all that bad.

Megan said...

Happy Birthday, Matt! Wow! A whole month of fishing! My husband would like to see one day of fishing...you have a very nice wife. :)

karen★ said...

Next time you go can I come too? I'm glad you are back Janelle...I miss you!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MATT!

Anonymous said...

We are glad you are back Janelle! I was so afraid Matt was going to take all 4 kids ice fishing! 34 days! You are way too nice!