Thursday, December 4, 2008

Some snowy fun

It has finally snowed out here! It seems like we usually get our first big snowfall before Halloween, but this year it didn't come until Thanksgiving. Everyone was excited to see the ground covered in snow and our kids wasted no time getting out and playing in it. Donovan was in charge of the activity for our Family Home Evening and he chose to have a snowball fight. The actual snowball fight lasted maybe 1 minute, then it evolved into snow soccer.

Howie was using a lacrosse stick to launch snowballs



A nice slide tackle by Donovan



The kids attacking Matt



Nina guarding their ammunition



Howie and his snow fort



Nina and our snowman



Now a couple of separate items. My brothers and I ran in a Turkey Trot in Highlands Ranch. We all finished the race, some faster than others.



And I love Rock Band. Our band was awesome, okay not really, but we had a lot of fun. I think the drums are HARD!

6 comments:

The Ashcroft's said...

We were so excited for snow too. It is such a good way to exhaust the energy! Round two is here today, Yippee! I think the drums are WAY hard too, I don't even try them anymore.

Lisa said...

Janelle --wow long time no see. We were wondering how many kids you have and what you and matt have been up to. Today Kelsey, Debbie, Amber and I all got together and had some great memories from our days at Centennial apartments. I have a blog too it is kelly-lisapreecefamily.blogspot.com (it is not protected) if you have a minute and want to take a look. You have the same amount of kids as I do and the exact same genders. 3 boys and 1 girl. I would love to hear from. Your family is so cute. Hope to hear from you soon! Lisa

karen★ said...

awesome pictures....you guys look like you have so much fun together! cute family!

Ashlee said...

Fun. My sister lived in Highlands Ranch-- It's a nice place. Congrats on the race!

Megan said...

The drums are hard! Here are some tips I picked up when I was on the drum line many moons ago...choke up on the drum stick a little and you'll have more control. Use your wrist instead of your arm with a little bit of a loose grip around the stick and you'll be able to play faster...

bgill said...

You guys are lucky. So far, here in Utah, we are snow-deprived!