Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Driving me crazy

So here's the scene. Nina comes up the stairs with no pants or underwear on.

Me - Nina, where are your pants?
Nina - Um, I don't know.
Me - Did you go pee in your underwear?
Nina - Nope, I didn't.
Me - Why did you take your pants off?
Nina - I don't know.
Me - Go get your pants and underwear and put them back on.
Nina - Okay mom

Nina goes downstairs. I check up on her after a minute or so, still a naked bum.

Me - Why didn't you put your pants on?
Nina - A ghost took them.
Me - Nina, it's not good to tell lies.
Nina - Okay, sorry mom.
Me - Now where are your clothes?
Nina - I don't know.
Me - You can't run around naked, let's put some clothes on.
Nina - I already did.
Me - No, you are still naked.
Nina - No I'm not. I put my underwear on already mom. See?

I did not see anything.

9 comments:

Jill said...

Will you save me a seat in the nuthouse? I'm on my way there, too.

Megan said...

Hmmm...The Empress' New Clothes... Such a funny girl!

Anonymous said...

Maybe you are having vision problems Janelle! Or you do know that insanity is inherited. You get it from your kids!

Brooke Soderholm (crazysodfam) said...

Oh Janelle, you crack me up! Gotta give her a point for the creative ghost story. An imagination is a good thing to have, right? I guess underwear and pants are pretty important too though.

Brooke Soderholm (crazysodfam) said...

Oh, and maybe you and Jill can save a place for me too. I felt like I needed a straightjacket a couple days ago.

Ashlee said...

Your kids are going to love that you kept such good records of all this funny stuff. You could write a book for each one. It's awesome.

Seth Jenson said...

Posts about Nina make me laugh almost more than anything else.

karen★ said...

i love that girl...and you even more for being her beautifully patient mother!

The Bentley's said...

that is so funny. I sort of want to cry reading it.... becasue although cute it seems so like coby and FRUSTRATING