Sunday, February 10, 2013

Nina's new room!

When we were first looking at this house during our house hunt, there were a few things that we thought were pretty bad, but that we felt we could change later on. At the top of that list was Nina's room. It was horrible!!!! Luckily Nina really liked the flowers on the wallpaper so she didn't mind how crazy the whole thing was. We also wanted to wait and see if Nina would ever outgrow her obsession with writing on walls, putting makeup on bedspreads and making potions that spill on the floor. As far as I was concerned, she could do whatever she wanted to this:
But after I started feeling that urge to get things in our house looking a little nicer, I decided Nina's room needed a change - FAST. I let her have a little bit of input. Meaning that she could pick out her bedspread. If I approved of course. So Karen and I went at it again, but we certainly weren't able to finish this room in one day like we did with the boys' room. It took us almost a week to remove all that wallpaper, tear out that gross carpet and paint over the wallpaper on the closet door that we could never peel off. I am pretty happy with how it turned out. I wanted to paint the desk and dresser black, but I was outvoted by Matt and Nina. I also have some ideas of decorations I'd like to put on the wall, but I ran out of money and out of steam. Even still, I'd say it looks a lot better:
We can add those little touches later on.

No comments: