Saturday, February 16, 2013

Some rambling feelings

So my only little girl is turning 7 tomorrow. I took a little walk down memory lane, wallowed in my sorrows and decided I'm not going to support this annual event that takes a little girl and turns her into a big girl. Sure there are some very fun things that I get to enjoy with Nina as she's getting older, and even more fun things that will come in the future, but I still don't like it. And sure we've moved on from phases like getting into lotions and creams and spreading them everywhere, or coloring/painting/stamping/stickering walls and doors, but I don't care. I loved having a little girl. I loved cuddling with her, dressing her, doing her hair, and painting her tiny little fingers and toes. I know I can still do all that now, blah, blah blah, but she doesn't like the clothes I like, she doesn't want me to touch her hair half the time, and her fingers and toes. Okay, so that's still fun. Now, for anybody who hasn't heard me tell my sob story about how I really wanted another girl, here it is. I really wish would have had another girl, even if it meant a 6th baby. But Matt was done having kids after the 3rd so I got my way twice and my luck has run out. Matt is really done now. We dumped the crib, the maternity clothes and the baby clothes. We are closing up shop. Sorry about the TMI there. And so as loyal and supportive friends and family, thank you for your understanding as I keep bringing up how hard it is to finish that chapter and move on to another. I'll try to stop being annoying. And I'll borrow Jill's kids more often.

1 comment:

Brooke Soderholm (crazysodfam) said...

Sorry for the delayed comment, but I am sorry. It is frustrating when we don't get what we were hoping for or planning for. I don't know how I am going to wean Katherine or get rid of the baby stuff at all! It is hard and your feelings at the time and even if they surface again are totally understandable.