Sunday, January 13, 2008

119 nights and counting

It has been 119 nights in a row that I have been woken up at least one time by at least one child. Do you know when this count started? Seriously, the night after we found out that we were having another baby. I appreciate the kids trying to help prepare us for the sleepless nights of a new baby, but come on! A few of my personal favorites:
Howie - (the main culprit who wakes up 1-3 times a night crying that he's cold since his covers fell off him. He doesn't think he can pull them back up by himself) Anyway, after waking up 2 times already one night, I hear him again, this time crying for chocolate, over and over again. The other night he started crying for cupcakes. These sweet dreams are killing me.
Donovan - earlier this month yelling "mommy" every 2 hours. When I went in his room, each time he told me I forgot to get him water for his coughs. When I told him thank you for helping me get ready for the new baby, he said, "I didn't do anything to help you yet."
Nina - last night starts yelling/crying "throw up". Sure enough, I go in and for the 3rd night in a row, she is completely covered in puke. Hair, clothes, wall, carpet, crib, blankets - all soaked. Gross, I know. So I give her a bath, change her sheets, scrub walls and crib, put her blankets and pj's in the washer, put her in new pj's and get ready to put her back in bed when she throws up again all over her clean clothes. An hour later I get back in bed.

And to think, I probably have another year of interrupted sleep headed my way. Can't wait!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sorry you are having such a tough time. I could have felt even sorrier if you hadn't put their picture right there below your complaining - they are just too cute.

Kristin Jones said...

Okay that is so not fun!! I don't ever sleep through the night my entire pregnancy, so I'm right there with you. This week it doesn't help that Alexis is sick. I guess bring it on, right????

Jill said...

My plan is working to perfection. Your kids listen to me so well!

Jill said...

How come Mom comments on your blog and not mine? I guess she likes you more.

The Ashcroft's said...

Soooo Sorry to read this!! I heard Nina was sick but I didn't know the extent of it. Katie and I want to come see you, but we will wait awhile.... Let me know if you need anything.

The Bentley's said...

janelle i am sooo sorry. i feel your pain!! i hate getting up with kids. and olivia has started getting up twice a night again! i think it's these cold nights. good luck! hopefully you'll get an uninterupted night at least once before the baby comes.... p.s. did you find out what your having??

Schreiner Family said...

Great to hear that other people aren't getting any sleep either! Yes, I know it's cruel. I literally haven't slept through the night since Jan. 07!! You are right though the kids are preparing you for the sleepless nights ahead with the newborn. The girls at school are all excited to find out if it's a boy or girl! Thanks for the tip about Old Navy I went over their last weekend and found some deals! Hope you are feeling good! Congrats!!