Thursday, January 17, 2008

No more pictures

Sadly, we are without a camera until we can replace the one that was STOLEN from our house. Yes, we have joined the club of people who have had their house broken into. So here's the story:
Yesterday I was at my sister's house when I noticed I had a flat tire. I don't know how to change a flat tire so I called Matt and he came over after school to try to fix it (thanks Adam for fixing it) but ended up taking us home. I walked into the house and noticed that our backdoor was wide open. I thought that was a little weird because we never leave it open (especially when it's 15 degrees out) so I walked a little closer to check it out when I saw tons of glass all over the floor. Our backdoor had a glass window thing on the top half. Someone tried to pry the door open with a shovel, but ended up breaking the glass to get in. Then they totally trashed our bedroom, dumping out all the drawers and leaving papers and clothes everywhere. They took our digital camera, my jewelry, Matt's birthday money, our passports and my high school State Basketball ring. At least that's all we think they took. Everything else looked undisturbed. It stinks thinking about it!!!! So anyway, until we get our tax return or something, I won't have any pictures to post. Sad! But that's the short of the story!

4 comments:

Craig M said...

This is the worst/saddest post ever. I'm so sorry!

Anonymous said...

That is horrible guys. Hopefully your insurance will cover some stuff, but I know some stuff can never be replaced.

Kristin Jones said...

I'm so sorry to hear that!!! I hope things turn out. Keep us posted!

Jill said...

Janelle, at least your things went to something as important as supporting a drug habit. I would think you'd be happy about that.