Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Wise Donovan

Saturday night we were all hanging out in our room. I was sitting on our bed trying to watch Wheel of Fortune while Howie and Nina were jumping all over me. Being tired and getting a hefty kick in the stomach was enough for me and I took off to Target. When I got back I went in to say goodnight to the kids and this is the conversation I had with Donovan:
Donovan: You were a little upset huh mom?
me: yeah, I was
Donovan: Do you feel better?
me: yes, I feel a lot better
Donovan: Sometimes when I get upset, I go onto pbskids.org and that makes me feel a lot better
me: really? maybe I should try that
Donovan: yes, it will make you feel better too

Also, I got an email from Donovan's teacher that said he was having a hard time listening in his reading class. I asked him about it and he said, "I guess I'm just a curious boy and I get distracted easily." Then I asked him why he wasn't finishing his work and he said, "I'm trying my best, I guess I just work slow." Lovely huh?

2 comments:

Jill said...

He's got it all figured out. Maybe I should ask him why my house is a wreck. I'm sure he could give me a GREAT reason.

Kim said...

I love Donovan's comments. They really always do sound just a like a mini adult sometimes. I remember the summer I was he would always ask "Why?" and you would "I don't know why do you think?" and this was Donovan's reply..."Hmmm....(insert clever comment here)" I loved it! But at least he would think of something. I thought he was such a smartie.