Friday, May 30, 2008

Don't forget Field Day

I am finally getting to these pictures some 2 weeks later. Maybe sometime next week I'll get around to cleaning up the popsicle mess in the boys' bedroom. I worried that Donovan would get emotional if he didn't do well in any of the events so I made sure Matt and I were both there to lend support if needed. I definitely misjudged Donovan. He had a great time! He was genuinely happy to see his friends run the fastest or jump the farthest. I'm glad I went so I could see him having such a great time. But Field Day has changed since I was in elementary school. Gone are the days of collecting the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or "participation" ribbons. There were a few class competitions, but the majority of the time was spent in the "fun zone" with all the inflatable toys. Maybe that's just the way they do it for kindergarten, but either way it was a hit.

This was new to me: see who can kick their shoe the farthest.




1 comment:

The Bentley's said...

looks like fun!! miss you guys i still need to see cameron!!! are you getting any amount of sleep?? i hope so:)