Friday, May 9, 2008

Some random things

So in preparation for this baby, I have been getting old clothes out, switching the crib bedding back to "boy" colors, buying an extra pack of newborn diapers here and there and ordering a new stroller. I've heard from many reliable sources that the stand and sits are great so I'm trying one out. I have a very nice double stroller, but the fights it causes about who will sit in the front, who will walk and who will look at it (yes, we had that fight one time) are driving me crazy. That and our kids can never sit in the same place for 2 seconds so I'm constantly lifting one out and trying to get another in and buckled and frankly, I must look ridiculous trying to fit a 6 year old into the seat of a stroller made for toddlers. I'm trying this new one out to see if it makes my life any easier! At this point, I'll try anything.


Also in all my preparing, I tried to get some organizing done. All of our Halloween costumes and dress-up clothes were spread out among boxes, tubs and sometimes the basement floor. I decided to put them all into one big container and while I was in the middle of this project I hear, "whoa, where did this come from??" Donovan found Matt's old cowboy outfit (that I swear he has seen before, but whatever right?) and instantly put it on. He wore that thing all day, to the store, to his friend's house and outside to play soccer. Apparently Matt used to wear this outfit all the time when he was growing up. It was pretty cute to see Donovan take the same interest in a cowboy outfit. One funny note, the waist of the pants is a little worn or stretched out so when Donovan put them on, they fell right off him necessitating the use of a belt. Donovan asked me if Matt was really fat when he was a kid since the pants seemed so big. It doesn't sound as funny now that I read it, but it made me laugh.

1 comment:

The Ashcroft's said...

I hate the stroller dilema, I have the stand and sit kind, a "Joovy". It has it's pros and cons as they all do. I decided I am going to create my own stroller that is perfect in everyway, then I will be rich!! Good luck getting ready, it is SOOO close.