Sunday, August 17, 2008

Isn't it obvious?

It wasn't obvious to me.

Me: Nina, what are you doing?
Nina: I'm just setting up my picnic mom. And I'm not being naughty up here.





And Nina's lovely shiner comes curtesy of Howie (kind of). We'll call it the result of a "friendly" game of tag.
And a quote from this sweet face:
"I hate you mom, I does, I hate you." At 2 and a half, she's pretty darn good at expressing herself. These sentiments came from my not allowing her to go to Donovan and Howie's friend's house for a playdate.

5 comments:

Brooke Soderholm (crazysodfam) said...

Oh, Nina! She is so cute and funny up there on the counter getting ready for her picnic. But those words definitely sting! I have heard them before too, also courtesy of my beautiful and intelligent daughter. I can't remember for sure what made her say it. (the 1st time). I think it was because I told her that she had to wear clothes when we left the house.(it was a while ago) I know, my standards are too stict, right? Most people probably wouldn't even believe that our darling daughters could ever. Girls can be so mean to their moms sometimes. Luckily, other times they admit that they really love us!

Jill said...

Nina has never done ANYTHING even remotely naughty, so I'm surprised she had to clarify what she was doing.

And you wouldn't let her go to the play date? What other choice does she have than to express her feelings towards you?

I still think you should've let her come over here last night. We could've had a great sleepover.

Honey said...

Isn't it interesting how young girls can be to sass their moms?! We have this going on at our house. KC often scowls and gives me the look of death and getting after Lucy the other day, she says "be quiet Mom!" Lovely.

The Ashcroft's said...

Oh, Nina.... It sure is a good think you are so cute!! Nice shiner, too. Hey Janelle, I tagged you, check out my blog for info.

The Bentley's said...

go nina!! seriously does she ever stop... i'm so sorry janelle... at least she's cute!!