Sunday, August 24, 2008

"We never do anything fun"

Donovan is a boy full of emotion. I'm pretty sure he takes after me in his ability to emote so well. When he's happy, he's very happy, loving life and having a great time. When he's upset, the world is ending, he's hugely mistreated and everyone is out to get him. With school starting, he's been a little on the upset side, probably because he's exhausted from trying to behave and concentrate all day at school. He would have you believe that we never do anything fun because we would rather make him sit and read, do chores and gasp...play outside. I would just like to point out, for the record, that we aren't as evil as he sometimes thinks we are. We did at least 3 fun things this week:

We take them to sporting events like the Broncos game last week.


We let him pick out his own clothes. This is actually a little more fun for us, or at least more entertaining.


And I took them to the balloon festival this weekend. I even got them doughnuts....with sprinkles.

I wish I would have taken more pictures of all the balloons, and more of the kids by the balloons. Better luck next year.

3 comments:

Kim said...

My goodness Donovan has an eye for fashion :) You guys are such a fun family!

Jill said...

He's right, you don't do anything fun.

I know your kids would LOVE to make their favorite aunt (who is me, by the way) rice krispy treats or cookie dough. That would bring a smile to their face and joy in their hearts. Just try it, see what happens.

Ashlee said...

You guys do way more fun stuff than we do.