Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Remind me why

Can someone please remind me why we thought it would be fun to have four kids, or even one for that matter? With Matt back to his 10-11 hour days, it's been a week from the underworld!!!!!

Here are a few of my favorite comments that I've had thrown my way:
-I hate you mom, I does, I hate you
-You ruined my whole life
-You should do your exercise video
-Mom doesn't want us to have any fun
-Go away
-You always make me gross food
-Nobody wants to see you in your pajamas

Here are a few of the things I've resorted to in an effort to cope and keep peace, most of them make no sense at all:
-Made a chart to determine when each child will sit in the front of the bath
-As a punishment for being totally out of control, I took away scripture time
-I ate a whole pack of sour gummy worms
-I put Donovan and Howie in a time out for waking up Nina and Cameron
-I told Nina she couldn't use soap to wash her hands because she didn't really go to the bathroom, even though she sat on the toilet
-I probably said and did a lot more irrational things, but in my state of mind, I can't recall them

So yeah, I'm not quite sure why we thought this was all going to be fun!!!




Look at them, they just exude craziness. It's a good thing that I think they are pretty cute kids, it's probably keeping them alive!

7 comments:

Jill said...

I want to see you in your pajamas--you just Howie that. That was Howie, right?

And Nina can come over for a sleep over anytime. But we only do girls here, so you'll have to keep your boys.

Honey said...

You are not alone - those kinds of days are SO hard! I wish I had some advice for you, but I'm still trying to figure it all out too! Good luck!

Kristin Jones said...

Sounds like it's a regular party at your house!! It must have been bittersweet when school started!!

Ashlee said...

That's hilarious! I loved it (sorry to laugh at you). I remember the day when Kendall told me he didn't like me. I think all kids say it sometime. You are the best mom--trust me others do much worse things to their kids than take away scripture time :) Brian has been working 12 hour days too lately...too bad we don't live closer so we could hang out!

Brooke Soderholm (crazysodfam) said...

Oh dear, not your week. Your blog was funny though. However, it makes me nervous about Danny going back to work next week and having a new baby. Hope that the weekend has been better and that next week will be too! You're a good mom- hang in there.

Anonymous said...

It may not seem like it now, because I can remember those times too when I just wanted to run away, but the time with your children flys by SOOOOO quickly, and you will look back fondly on them as the best days of your life.
Sounds crazy to you now I'm sure!

Lorel said...

Oh my gosh... I haven't read your blog in WAY TOO LONG! Hilarious. I almost died laughing. I guess I have SOO much to look forward to!

P.S. I want to see your in your pajamas too... and don't worry about doing your workout video... they are way too over rated. You really are a great mom... I know I'll be coming to you for advise when I have older kids!