Sunday, March 30, 2008

The big girl bed

I want to think it is safe to post this, but I don't want to jinx myself, or Nina. My parents and brother came to visit last week, partly to see the NCAA games and partly to see kids and grand kids. My mom came a little early and split the time between the 5 kids she has out here. While she was with me, she helped me to get our house a bit more ordered. We got rid of some toys and hugely organized the basement. Then we worked on Nina's room, which she will soon be sharing when the baby comes. I've been putting of "the big girl bed" for awhile since I knew Nina would never choose to stay put when she has the option of escaping. However, I am shocked to report that it has been over a week and the transition has gone beautifully! She had one night where she got out about 3 times, and that's it. Today she even climbed in her bed on her own and took a nap. I know that as soon as I post this, everything will change and she will never sleep in her bed again. But at least we have had one good week right?

I had this idea of making Nina her bedding, but my wise mother talked me out of it and we found this whole set at Target on clearance. It's the perfect match for Nina, she loves polka dots.

I tend to worry a little too much about the kids staying warm at night. I usually double their pajamas during the winter because I don't want them to freeze. As you can see, I really don't have anything to worry about! Nina was totally sweating when I went in to check on her. She wasn't even doubled up either.

3 comments:

Jill said...

She took a nap in it? I didn't think she took naps anymore.

Kim said...

That bedding is soo cute. How fun! Aren't moms the best.

Schreiner Family said...

That's so funny! I'm always afraid that Sladen is freezing... and then when I pick him up in the middle of the night he's drenched in sweat :)