Monday, March 3, 2008

My kids got tagged

So our three kids have been tagged and I guess that means I get to tell you 8 things you might not know about each of them.

Nina Marie Marshall - 2 years old
1. She has her own concept of time. She's told me she will hold the baby "in 6 minutes", she doesn't want to put on her pajamas until "next Tuesday", and according to Nina, Matt will always be home "in 3 hours".
2. She is the tallest of our kids scoring in the 57th percentile. Her brothers have never risen above the 15th in height.
3. For each and every item of clothing we put on Nina, she has to know who gave it to her. She never believes me when it's something I have given her.
4. She didn't learn to walk until she was 17 months old.
5. If you ever ask Nina where something is and she's not sure, she won't say "I don't know," instead, she'll say, "it's over in the corner."
6. During Family Home Evening, she always climbs up on the little bench in our living room and does a song and dance for everyone.
7. You will most likely find Nina carrying a baby wrapped in a blanket, or one of her many purses filled with chapstick and plastic rings.
8. Nina is an avid wrestler and her favorite competitors are Matt, Donovan and Howie.

Donovan Cheyne Marshall - 6 years old
1. Donovan was born with a heart disease called WPW. He can't serve in the military, drive a school bus or get a scuba diving license.
2. He has an amazing memory. He will ask about something we did 2 and 3 years ago, and he never lets you forget that you promised to let him do something.
3. He has started spelling words instead of saying them. Like when I told him it was bedtime he responded, "That is not f-a-i-r".
4. Donovan is interested in all racing events including NASCAR, Indy, motorcross, snowmobiles, and horse racing.
5. He should be losing his 2nd baby tooth any week now. He lost his first one right before school started in August.
6. His favorite toys are legos, lite brite, race cars and his John Deer diggers.
7. Some of his favorite foods include spaghetti, skittles and nachos.
8. Donovan's favorite day of the week is Friday because we let him stay up. This means that we don't turn the light off before we close the door. He usually stays in bed and falls asleep like any normal day, but there's something about "staying up" that he loves.

Howard Robert Marshall - 4 years old
1. We discovered that Howie prefers doubling up on underwear, 2 pairs is a lot better than just one!
2. He is a hugely picky eater. If he had his way, he would only be served oatmeal, scrambled eggs, macaroni and cheese and cheetohs.
3. When we tuck Howie in at night, we have to put his baby blanket directly on top of him, then we can pull his sheets and comforter up over him. Any other way just won't work for him.
4. Howie loves to play tricks on people. Mostly he likes you to close your eyes while he removes an object or makes it reappear. But he is getting a little more clever.
5. Every morning that Howie wakes up and Matt is still here, he greets Matt by saying "Hello there young sire."
6. Howie really likes to help people, but he likes to do it secretly. You sometimes have to pretend you don't see him at work or it upsets him greatly.
7. Howie was our smallest baby weighing in at a whopping 5 pounds 8 ounces and measuring 17 1/2 inches long.
8. Some of his current interests include Pokemon, ponies and Power Rangers.


And I am tagging Jill, Lindsey, and Kristin's kids. Love ya guys!

8 comments:

Jill said...

I didn't know most of that stuff--super fun to read.

The Bentley's said...

janelle those were sooo fun to read!! howie is into Ponies??? and how do you do there sire?? that is cute. loved the talk of nina, and time dad will be home in three horus... those were so fun! can't wait to write some about my kids, thanks for the tag:)

The Ashcroft's said...

Thank you for doing the tag. You thought of such great things!! Like Nina, Macy askes me where she got everything to.... I loved reading about all of your cute kids.

Kristin Jones said...

Too cute!! If I get 13 spare seconds, I'll work on that. I'm thinking I have to get the baby stuff out of the attic first...

Anonymous said...

I loved hearing all of those wonderful things about my wonderful grandchildren! Aren't they great?!

Seth Jenson said...

it's amazing how unique each child is!

Honey said...

Janelle, I love it! Your kids are too cute.

The Ashcroft's said...

Janelle, in case you didn't notice on my blog, I tagged you AGAIN! How annoying, I know.... But, this time it is about you and Matt. Have fun!!!