Tuesday, March 25, 2008

NCAA First Round

Matt and I got to go to our first NCAA tournament games last weekend. My dad, Michael, Chris, Adam, Jill, Matt and I watched 6 games over 2 days down at the Pepsi Center. We didn't have any of those upsets that make March Madness so fun, but we saw some great teams play. For my own journaling purposes, we saw Notre Dame beat George Mason (they easily had the best band and band director, he was pretty funny); Washington State beat Winthrop; Michigan State beat Temple; Pittsburgh beat Oral Roberts; Washington State beat Notre Dame and Michigan State beat Pitt.

Matt needed a break after a little bit. I'm trying my hardest to hide my double chin, even if it means making weird faces.

Day 2, still having fun. We played a few trivia games about colleges and mascots and Matt and my brothers know way too many college mascots and obscure college names. Some of the categories included mascots that don't end in "s", mascot names that aren't animals, colleges with names that don't include geographical information and colleges named after a city.

3 comments:

Jill said...

Hey, I was fully holding my own on some of those. I would like my name mentioned. I especially did well with the colleges that weren't named after any city or geographical region. I rocked those. Give a girl some credit!

The Bentley's said...

fun janelle! you posted so many new ones i love it:) Love the easter pic with nina bawling! typical ha?? p.s. I LOVE that your wearing my maternity clothes... they look so cute on you! i always thought they were so ugly but when you wear them they look so cute so way to go... and pp.s you don't have a double chin! enjoy the rest of matts break!

The Bentley's said...

p.p.p.s i love the new blurbs about your kids on the side... including "free time" saving food for "later" and the "most emotional member of our family" you are so funny!