Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Love Valentine's Day!

I have really been feeling the love this February! Jill and Lindsey gave me the idea to get each of the kids mailboxes and put little treats and notes in them each day in February until Valentine's Day. Matt and I took turns writing those notes, telling the kids things we love about them. Our kids LOVED checking their mailboxes each morning.



I didn't feel like doing any baking in December, but I was excited to try out a few recipes this week. On Sunday the 4 big kids all helped me bake and frost cookies. Then Monday Cameron and I made chocolate-filled candy cane hearts and a delightful treat with pretzels, kisses and M&Ms.



Heart shaped french toast for breakfast



And this was so fun for us! We got a heart attack from some mysterious family. I have my suspicions, but we don't really know for sure! It was so great to read the nice notes on each heart. What a sweet idea!



Matt also got me a gift card to See's candy! I can't wait to cash in that one and then lock myself in my room. Happy Valentine's Day all!

1 comment:

Brooke Soderholm (crazysodfam) said...

Looks like a super fun week! Love your ideas! I haven't done too much this time around- maybe next year?