Saturday, April 12, 2008

A conversation with Nina

(setting: I am changing Nina into her pajamas)
Nina: I don't have a clock in my room.
Me: No, you don't have a clock in here.
Nina: You buy me a "hola" (Dora) clock?
Me: You don't want a princess clock? (she says she needs a princess everything, like a princess haircut, a princess whistle, a princess you-name-it)
Nina: I want a hola clock.
Me: Let's save some money so you can buy one.
Nina: No, you buy me a hola clock.
Me: (nothing)
Nina: Baby brother doesn't have a clock.
Me: What kind of clock will the baby brother want?
Nina: A Pony clock. I put mine right there (pointing to above her bed) and baby brother put his right there. (pointing above the crib)
Me: (nothing, but thinking what the heck???)


4 comments:

Jill said...

Just buy the dang girl a clock! And why in the world does she want a clock? She's crazy, Janelle. Simply crazy.

Kristin Jones said...

Where do they come up with these things?! I love it!

Kim said...

She is so funny. Maybe she is just really smart and can already tell time? :)

The Bentley's said...

she cracks me up!!! i know she's "spriited" but she is sooo darn cute janelle:))