Monday, April 7, 2008

My Baby Daddy

No this is not my pet name for Matt. So as most of you know, Nina is my little shadow. She follows me everywhere I go and tries to help me with every task I pursue. And she's not always nice either. She wonders (sometimes with a hugely frustrated "whyyyyyy")why I don't want her to be around me when she hits, calls me names, or her newest thing, saying "I'm gonna kick your butt mom". Well that brings me to this post. I have been so pleased to see Nina's affections being transferred to Matt, even if it is only for a few minutes at a time. She has taken to calling him "my baby daddy" and loves for him to hold her so she can hug him tightly and rub his scruffy chin (when there is scruff to rub). This is making me less nervous for when this baby comes. I'm hoping we can get her fully attached to Matt in the remaining 7 weeks and he can deal with the threats and name calling and leave me to the late night feedings. Long live the baby daddy!!

4 comments:

Jill said...

I knew there was a reason Nina was my favorite (shh, don't tell anyone). Now, where did she get "my baby daddy?" You need to turn off your rap.

Kim said...

That is so funny. Nina is a crack up. Hopefully she will transfer her "affection" to Matt. I can't wait for your little boy! :)

Anonymous said...

From my perspective the quote "My baby, Daddy" means that Nina wants me to pick her up like a little baby. It's Nina talk for "I'm daddy's baby". Anyway, she does greet me really nice every day after work. She's such a sweetheart (if you ignore her threats).

The Bentley's said...

I hope she continues to get attatched to the baby daddy too:))) love the pic with her pig tails on the swing... and cute dress on the second picture... although she's a little spit fire she sure is cute janelle:))))