Thursday, April 10, 2008

Oh yeah, the Rapids game

I forgot that I didn't post these until I read my sister's blog and she had her pictures up. Not that our pictures are great or anything, but I just think it is neat how close we were to some pretty famous people! So the Rapids had their home opener on March 29 against the LA Galaxy, the team of David Beckham and Landon Donovan. We didn't get season tickets this year, but we made sure we got to this game. Our seats were so close to where the players come out from the locker room, some of the players even gave Howie a high-five. It was fun to see the world famous David Beckham though. Landon Donovan is kind of old news for us after we interrupted his dinner and took our picture with him in downtown Denver (twice!) last summer with Jeff and Kim. Thank goodness Kim made us approach him, we were a little starstruck. But anyway, the game was fun (Rapids won 4-0), the weather was nice and the kids were very well behaved. It took our Donovan a little while to realize that the fans weren't talking about him when they yelled, "YOU SUCK DONOVAN!" I don't know how important it was to let him know they weren't talking about him, he had to ask me what "suck" means.


2 comments:

Jill said...

Your camera has a much better zoom than mine.

Anonymous said...

Excellent! I watched that game on TV and wondered if you guys were there. Glad to see you were and the Rapids got the win.
Scott