Thursday, April 17, 2008

some good weather messes

The spring snowstorms have allowed a few scattered days of great weather and the kids jump on those opportunities to play outside. I love that they are not watching tv or playing video/computer games. My only complaint is how filthy they are when they are done playing, particularly Nina. Their favorite game right now involves shovels, John Deer diggers and lots of dirt. I would be happy if they played this game in the sandbox, that seems a little bit cleaner, but they prefer the dirty dirt from the garden. But all things said, I can handle changing outfits and doing a little more laundry. They are so happy to be outside. Donovan and Howie also love to play soccer, lacrosse and baseball. They learned they are "powerful" enough to hit balls over the fence when they use the tee so they line the tee up kind of close to the fence and swing away. I think we will all love summer break! Here are some of the dirty faces I found lingering around the backdoor the other day. The pictures don't do justice to the mess.


2 comments:

Jill said...

Nina looks like a homeless child.

Anonymous said...

What precious, dirty little children!