Friday, April 25, 2008

Fun days for the boys

I'll start with Howie and his big day with Matt. This story starts 4 years ago. I remember we had just moved into this house and Howie was about 5 months old. He had been up a lot of the night and Donovan woke up really early. I was SOO tired and Matt was getting ready for school and I said, "Isn't today bring your child to work day?" Matt laughed and gave me an encouraging pat on the shoulder to help me face the day. I swear I was built with some pretty powerful mother's intuition because what do I find out when Matt gets home from school that day? Yep, it was really bring your child to work day. Pretty ironic huh? So with that background, it's become a little joke, or whatever you want to call it, for me to find out which day he can bring the kids to school for a little taste of what Matt does (and for a little taste of peace and quiet for me). Donovan went last year and felt all big and important and this year it was Howie's turn. He got all dressed up, helped pack his backpack (with books, pencils and of course, cars) and okayed his lunchbox contents. He loved his day with Matt. His highlights were helping Matt make photocopies, getting a picture from one of his books enlarged so he could color it, and having one of Matt's students share their crayons with him. He was a little shy and hid under tables and desks, but eventually got over being afraid.

I tried to get Howie to wear a tie like Matt, but he says that he would be a teacher who doesn't wear ties. I guess he has a more laid-back style.


Now to Crazy Hair Day. This part doesn't have a whole lot of story to share. Today was Crazy Hair Day at Donovan's school and we loaded up his hair with gel, pomade and hairspray to create this glorious look. Very fashionable wouldn't you say?



4 comments:

Seth Jenson said...

What is it about the Marshalls and sweet hairdos? I want to see Donovan at church like this.

Anonymous said...

I love it! Pretty crazy Donovan!

Anonymous said...

Howie looks so cute! I bet all of the students loved him! What a great thing for Howie and Matt. What a great Dad you are Matt!

The Bentley's said...

sounds like fun!!! glad you got a little break. p.s. i tagged you on my blog.